Posts contain affiliate links, see disclosure for more details.
Description: Responsible pet owners strive to make maximum effort to keep their dogs and cats in good condition. Apart from nutrition and exercising, it is inevitable to care for the dental health of the pet.
As a loving and caring pet owner, you strive to do everything possible to keep your fluffy friend in the best shape, so you are ready to spend a lot of time and money on making a nutrition plan, exercising routine, and other activities. However, no matter how much you love your kitty or puppy, its breath is sometimes gross. Is it a trivial thing that does not require attention? Not at all! It may be a sign of a severe health problem that may trigger unwanted outcomes. According to the statistics, the vast majority of pets suffer from periodontal disorders, so it is critical to maintain their oral hygiene. Keep reading to get more information on how to take care of the cat’s or dog’s teeth, prevent pain and discomfort and eliminate the risk of more dangerous problems.
The Significance of Dog Dental Care
It is inevitable to mention that pets are not as susceptible to cavities as humans, but they still can develop a variety of oral problems, including gingivitis, plaque, and tartar. Stinky breath and yellowish teeth are the first symptoms of the possible disorders that signal the development of dangerous, frequently life-threatening impairments.
The costs of various dental procedures for pets are exceptionally high, so it is better to prevent the problems rather than treat them. Tooth extraction and any other dental care service will affect your family budget a lot. Therefore, it is critical to pay due attention to the oral health of your fluffy friend since its young age to warn of the development of severe health abnormalities. Brush the dog’s or cat’s teeth regularly, opt for the best canned puppy food, do not save on kitty treats, follow the routine teeth cleaning and choose toys that will be not only funny but also helpful.
You can also add canine supplements, like Nutra Thrive For Dogs, to your chosen dog food to enhance its nutritional value.
Basic Tips on How to Keep Your Dog’s Teeth Healthy
According to the well-known saying, we are responsible for what we tamed, which means you need to do everything possible to make your pet feel comfortable, healthy, and happy. Unfortunately, animals cannot follow the dental care routine on their own, so your assistance is crucial. Following WholeHearted cat food reviews, a properly selected canine or feline food can warn some disorders and prevent the development of specific health issues. Therefore, the initial task of the pet owner is to do a little research, contact the vet and select the best food that will suit the health state and preferences of the fluffy friend.
Additionally, it is crucial to opt for the best brush and make the process interesting and pleasurable for your pet. Start from a very young age and be consistent in your effort, as this is the key to success. Keep in mind that determination, patience, and persistence are inevitable for those people who strive to improve the health of their furry children and help them feel safe and comfortable. Apart from the above-mentioned recommendations, there are several other tips that may draw you closer to the goal.
- Teach your puppy or kitty to stay still during dental care procedures from the very first day. It is exceptionally difficult to teach a grown-up pet to clean teeth, play with special toys and undergo other processes. Therefore, it is inevitable to think of dental care from the very first day your new family member appears at your home. Regular teeth cleaning will make dental care much easier and more comfortable. Double-check if you select the proper toothbrush, as it may influence the outcomes of the experience. Contact a vet to get recommendations about the products you should pay attention to.
- Focus on dry treats that are beneficial for gums. While some animals stay completely calm and peaceful during the teeth brushing process, others cannot handle it. Fortunately, with the development of the market, pet owners can opt for alternative solutions and still achieve the necessary result. Crunchy treats and some types of dog/cat food can replace traditional teeth brushing, as the oral health of the animal will get better with every treat.
- Buy toys and bones that may help to keep the pet’s teeth clean. It may sound crazy, but pet owners should purchase toys and bones, not for dog or cat entertainment only. Instead, it is indispensable to choose the items that will strengthen the pet’s teeth and gums.
- See a veterinarian regularly. This is a universal rule that works in all instances. If you are a responsible pet owner, you need to visit the vet at least once every half year. However, extra assistance from the professional is required if your furry friend feels bad or experienced any health problems, such as bad breath, depression, crooked or discolored teeth, bleeding gums, sudden changes in eating habits, and others.
- Be consistent with the pet’s dental care. Irrespective of the preferences and behavior of the pet, you need to make an effort to keep its mouth clean and safe. Therefore, experiment with the most advantageous oral hygiene techniques and opt for the one that is suitable for your animal.