This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure for more details.
Bitcoin has enjoyed a roller coaster ride since its emergence as the world’s number one cryptocurrency, and as you’d expect, there have been winners and losers. People have made and lost fortunes by investing in Bitcoin, and if you bought a few years ago at a few dollars, then managed to offload just as Bitcoin peaked at over $17,000, you’d have been laughing all the way to the bank. Some major players were literally cleaned out as the fortunes of Bitcoin fell and rose, yet we are focusing on those who got it right and bought in when the currency was at a low, and with that in mind, here are the major Bitcoin millionaires that really made it big time!
- Nakamoto – Unbelievable as it might sound, the founder of Bitcoin remains a mystery person, or persons, and he, she or they use this pseudonym, Nakamoto. Word on the street is that this person owns around one million Bitcoins, which would make them one of the richest people in the world today. If you fancy your chances as a speculator, learn how to buy Bitcoin in Melbourne from reliable sellers like Bitcoin Dealers, and who knows? You could be living a life of luxury a few short years from now!
- Chris Larsen – This clever investor made billions by harnessing cryptocurrencies for use by major banks, and the co-founder of Ripple has a track record of backing new technology winners. His net worth is said to be around $8 billion, which is not exactly pocket change, and if you’re thinking of following in his footsteps, a whole lot of learning needs to take place, but don’t be discouraged, as Chris has always said that anyone could do what he does!
- Joseph Lubin – Joseph is one of the co-founders of Ethereum, a leading blockchain developing platform, and this savvy Canadian was an early follower of Nakamoto and his fortune is said to be worth over $5 billion. Joseph sees cryptocurrencies ending the global domination of the major banks, and he is doing his bit to make our world a better place for all.
- Changpeng Zao – CZ to his friends, Changpeng Zao founded the biggest cryptocurrency exchange called Binance in 2017, which boasts over 6 million users worldwide, and he is said to be worth around $2 billion at the last count. CZ is just one of a few brave techie investors who saw the huge potential that cryptocurrencies offered, and he is a very popular character in his circles.
- Cameron & Tyler Winklevoss – These two former Olympic rowers successfully sued Mark Zuckerberg and walked away with a cool $65 million, which they invested in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Their rags to riches story has inspired many entrepreneurs, and they now live a life of luxury, thanks to Facebook, which gave them the capital to invest in blockchain technology.
While we can celebrate these winners, there are those who have gone from riches to rags, as the flipside of wise investing had taken many prisoners.
If you would like to join the long list of Bitcoin millionaires, it is all about making the right choices, and the first decision would be to buy some Bitcoin, which can easily be realised with online Bitcoin dealers who are ready to help you make it to the top.
*This post is published in partnership with MediaBuzzer